Happy New Year everyone! And hello 2018! A new year with so much potential. A completely blank page that I can’t wait to fill. This new year I have made some resolutions, but they are a bit different to the typical resolutions I normally write. They are more focused on living life more fully rather than giving up things.
My New Year Resolutions are:
- Do more for charities – my aim is to donate more, fundraise and try and make time to volunteer to a couple of charities I really care about.
- Be happier with less – I want to spend less and save more. I aim to achieve this by being a more conscious shopper, only buying things once they have ran out, and generally live with less stuff.
- Make more time for friends and family – This is a point I mentioned in 2017 Highlights. I am very lucky to have a great network of family and friends and this year I want to make a greater effort to spend more time with them.
- Make more time to do the things I love – I want to make more time to do things I love, and make it more of a priority. Just by reducing the amount of time I spend scrolling through social media will give me a lot of extra time to do things that make me happy like yoga, drawing and making things.
- Be kinder to myself – I can be very hard on myself and can often beat myself up over the smallest thing. My aim this year is to try and do this a lot less. And to also spend more time looking after myself, giving myself a bit of pamper time, and putting time aside to meditate and exercise.
So what new years resolutions have you all written? Please share them below I would love to hear what they are. And if you haven’t written any yet, its not to late! Just write a couple of things down you would like to achieve in 2018.